We're here to help. We've put together some nice reads and some tips on marketing and the digital world in general. Please help yourself.
Got a question?
Well we're always on the end of the phone or an email so we'd love to hear from you. Otherwise, have a look through the hub to learn a little more about the our world (or follow Cheryl on Twitter @cherylcrichton).
Downloads and How Tos
- How to write a marketing brief (Free download from Watertight Marketing website) »
- How to structure a case study (Solid Sources Blog) »
- How to get the whole team on board with social media »
- The A-Z of Content Marketing Ideas (Free eBook from Watertight Marketing) »
- Free chapter of Watertight Marketing »
These are all free sources ready and waiting for you to download or read. Please feel free to share them with colleagues and friends.
More hints, tips and how to guides are added all the time, so please keep coming back to see what's new.
We're working on some case studies about how we have helped customers' customers get to love them more, which will be live on the website soon. We'll be covering topics like:
- 12-month marketing transformation programmes to engage audiences: RedSpot Self Storage and Gradwell Internet.
- Website strategies for hard working businesses: First Response Resuscitation & First Aid Training, RedSpot Self Storage and Datasharp Integrated Communications.
- Email Marketing to keep in touch with forgotten customers: Bruichladdich Distillery Company and The Lighting Hospital.
In the meantime, please feel free to pop over to the Watertight Marketing website to read their customer stories that I have been involved with:
- Turnover doubles for MiaFleur - the family business »
- The storage company that made room for new marketing ideas »
- Watertight Marketing Business Owner of the Year - George Spence, RedSpot Self Storage »
Otherwise, please feel free to browse the rest of the site while we work on these articles and come back to this section when ever you like to see what's new.
Please keep an eye on our events page for up and coming events across the South West and beyond. Some of which are hosted by Cheryl.
Online marketing course
The Watertight Marketing Masterplan programme is your step-by-step path to marketing clarity. It will give you the confidence to make the marketing decisions and investments to underpin sustainable sales growth, in the long-term.
Cheryl is an accredited accountability partner for this course, and would be happy to tell you more about it. New programme start throughout the year. Read more about Watertight Marketing Masterplan here »
Do you like a good business book? We do too, and as well as reading bucket loads of online blogs and articles from around my industry, we can also recommend the following business books for any budding business owner. Some of these are a little old, but still hold true today in our opinion (watch the list grow).
- Think Digital First by Warren Knight »
- Time Mastery by Karen Meager and John McGlachlan »
- Unmarketing by Scott Stratton »
- Valuable Content Marketing by Sonja Jefferson and Sharon Tanton »
- Anything by Ted »
- Watertight Marketing by Bryony Thomas (or course) »
If you’re putting together a brief for some marketing activity, or planning on having a marketing conversation with someone any time soon, getting to grips with the most commonly used jargon could help.
So we were going to write a big long list for you, but there are so many good ones out there already, we just thought we share some of our favourites.
- For general marketing jargon busting, you can't beat the E-Consultancy »
- For more technical stuff, Mathew Wood's guide is quite good »
This is just a selection of the things we find interesting. If you'd like to know more, or discuss a particular challenge, please get in touch.